Education Options for the 2020-2021 School Year at KUSD #20
We look forward to welcoming you back for the 2020-2021 school year. With safety, choice, and the Kingman Unified School District commitment to education as our guiding principles, we are pleased to announce our “Return to Learn” School Reopening plan. Our initial plan includes two excellent learning possibilities for our students: Online Learning and Virtual / In-Person Learning.
Read further to understand the differences in these options, and choose the one that best fits your student’s needs for the coming school year.
Virtual / In-person Learning
By choosing the virtual / in-person option, students will start virtually with their classroom teachers on August 17 before transitioning back to live, in-person class attendance once schools can open.
- Students enroll as normal to a KUSD school
- Classes are virtual until safe to return
- Virtual instruction by KUSD instructors
- Four days per week
- Google Classroom (K-8) and Schoology (9-12)
- Technology may be available for families to take home
- Classes transition back to live instruction when safe
- Social distancing when possible
- Electives/specials will observe social distancing and safety protocols
- Enhanced cleaning and safety protocols
- Facial coverings encouraged or required based on time, space, and place per School Board mandate
- Elementary classes stay together at recess
- Materials will not be shared
- Breakfast and lunch will be offered using safe serving practices
- Extracurricular activities and athletics will continue following guidelines and safety measures
- Social and emotional support available to promote student, staff, and family wellness
- Allows for smooth virtual transition in the event of current and future school closure possibilities
- Learn More
Online Learning Academy
Families that choose the online option will remain in the online academy rather than transitioning into the in-person classes once schools officially open. All families will have access to live support, clubs, sports and activities.
- Whether schools are opened or closed
- Four days per week at home on personal device
- Blended model that provides online learning with on-site support at learning center
- While on campus, students will adhere to all on-site learning experience protocols
- May participate in after school extracurricular activities, following guidelines and safety measures
- Access to virtual electives (K-12)
- Social and emotional support to promote student, staff, and family wellness
- Teacher virtual office hours available to support all students
- High-quality digital curriculum using Arizona standards
- Technology may be available if student meet criteria
- Learn More
Additional Safety Measures
- Frequent hand washing will be encouraged at regular intervals throughout the day with both soap and water, and hand sanitizer
- The City of Kingman has issued proclamations regarding face coverings. The KUSD plan will adhere to stated guidelines and modify as needed for specific student circumstances.
Visitors on Campus
- No outside visitors or volunteers except for the safety and well-being of students
- Parents will report to the front office and not go beyond unless it is for the safety or well-being of their child
- Must follow all safety protocols
Training and Signage
- Training will be provided for all employees, students and parents on the expected safety protocols
- Signage will be posted and visible throughout the campus
Return to Learn Guide
Read the ‘Return to Learn’ School Opening Guide for more detailed information regarding KUSD 2020-2021 school opening plan.